Friday, June 20, 2008

Send me on my way...

I'm headed back to Malawi! I've been so busy this spring that I've hardly had time to get excited. In the last 4 months I've submitted 3 grants, finished my graduate school coursework, taken my last set of qualifying exams, watched my medical school classmates graduate, drove Maggie from North Carolina to California, and packed up our house so that it would be less of a disaster area for our house-sitter. Jon and I are both headed over for the better part of the next 12 months. He is working with surgeons at Kamuzu Central Hospital on trauma care and burn care. I am collecting data for my dissertation, which will involve conducting a small clinical trial, and will be working on other ongoing projects related to HIV prevention and treatment. I love Malawi...I love being there, I love working there, and I am so excited to live there for longer than a few months. I plan to share pictures and stories as often as possible (bandwidth in Malawi permitting of course)!

No comments: