Sunday, August 3, 2008

Hola

I am in Mexico City this week for the International AIDS Conference and a 3 day HIV transmission workshop. The workshop finished up yesterday and the conference begins tonight with an opening ceremony that includes an address by the president of Mexico. The workshop was great. The topics included virology, epidemiology, mathematical modeling, and immunology and the discussions were stimulating. I feel so lucky to have the opportunity to attend these meetings and learn at this young stage in my career. The conference itself is going to be much more of a circus. Also interesting, but in different ways. I'll post more later this week -- today I'm taking advantage of a day off to visit Teotihuacan!

2 comments:

Mona said...

teot- what? sounds cool lill! hope you had/have fun with calderon!

Lillian said...

Hi Mona! Teotihuacan was a pre-Columbian civilization in Central Mexico and the ruins are about an hour outside of Mexico City. They were really cool and it was so nice to get out of the city!