Monday, October 20, 2008

Study Progress

So I have lots to write about, but thought I should start with the work stuff.  We started our pilot study on October 1 and the first week was far more successful than I anticipated, which really drove home the point that all of the work put in up front on the preparation really pays off.  Some of the patients and their partners are really sick, which also drove home how important getting more people tested and linked with treatment can be.  We also helped identify partners who are not infected, which can be really important for prevention.  These were all reasons for doing this study in the background and significance section of my grant application, and it is nice to see them actually matter in the real life situation.  I am learning a lot about project management, including managing other people, and hopefully things just continue to move forward! 

No comments: