It was an earthquake! Luckily it was nothing compared to what happened in Haiti (it sounds like a terrible situation there and hard to get good information out). Malawi has experienced what seems like an unusually high number of earthquakes lately. Maybe the Rift Valley is shifting? There is currently a massive relief effort going on in the northern region of the country, in Karonga, after a series of earthquakes last month.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hullo Lillian, you don't know me but I accidentally got onto your blog recently whilst googling 'Malawi' where I lived for three years in the 1960's. In fact my daughter was the first white baby to be born at the hospital in Mzuzu.
I scan down your pages to see if I can see any views that I recognise but, alas, not so to date.
I know what you must be feeling in anticipation of leaving Malawi and I and my husband and daughter spent some of the happiest years of our lives there.
I'll keep an eye on your blog until you leave.
Keep up the good work!
Post a Comment