For the first time that I can remember, rather than feeling sad and anxious, I felt happy and calm about leaving; I’m proud of my work, but I’ve done as much as I can do right now. I love my house and friends, but that's not enough reason to stay. I don't want to be an expat who overstays their expiration date.
I’ll be back for a few weeks at the end of next month. And I’m sure I’ll be back in some capacity in the future. I just don’t think I can do much more good here until I go away and am able to come back in a different capacity. I’m motivated to gain the skills and experiences I need so that I can come back to Malawi in a new role and have a greater impact.
I’ll be back for a few weeks at the end of next month. And I’m sure I’ll be back in some capacity in the future. I just don’t think I can do much more good here until I go away and am able to come back in a different capacity. I’m motivated to gain the skills and experiences I need so that I can come back to Malawi in a new role and have a greater impact.

No comments:
Post a Comment