Here, it is a compliment to be called fat. As in, “Oh, Chifunda, you are looking very fat today!” If you are fat it means you have a good job and enough money to eat lots of food.
I guess I should lay off the nsima a bit.
'Muli bwanji' is chichewa for 'how are you?' I hope to let my family and friends know how I'm doing through images and descriptions about my work and experiences in Malawi. "Habari Gani?" is kiswahili for 'what's going on?' or, literally, 'what is the news?' As I move on to other projects in East Africa I hope to continue to keep my friends and family updated on my work and life over here!
Here, it is a compliment to be called fat. As in, “Oh, Chifunda, you are looking very fat today!” If you are fat it means you have a good job and enough money to eat lots of food.
I guess I should lay off the nsima a bit.
3 comments:
In the photo of you in your July 20 post you look far from pregnant or fat!
Well I guess I can stop worrying about finding a small enough size of the shirt I want to buy you!!
Thanks, Kendra. I'm pretty sure I'm not gaining significant weight and in my defense I was sick that day and probably looked a bit puffy.
Post a Comment