Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Update

I went to the market last night to buy my ginger root and to practice my Chichewa. I'm pretty sure my lessons are going to pay for themselves. Now that I understand a little more about forming sentences I was able to ask for everything in Chichewa and I got MUCH better prices. My ginger man sold me twice as much ginger for 1.5 times the price, my pea lady gave me two scoops of peas for the price of one along with two tomatoes as a gift, and I came home with about 5 times as much stuff as I needed because it was so much fun!

3 comments:

Kendra said...

Nice job! Glad you've got a nice market for your veggies.

Janet said...

Shopping is much more fun in the local language! What are you cooking with the ginger root?

Lillian said...

I use the ginger in vegetable curry, my dinner staple!